Name of the project: Touch the World – Global Citizenship Education for the youngest
Period of implementation: February – May 2019
Funded by: The global project “Bridge 47”
Overall objective: By assisting the pedagogical specialists in acquiring new knowledge and skills needed to support sustainable development, including through: sustainable development education and global citizenship education.. The project is related to enhance the capacity of pedagogical specialists from school and pre-school education, local producers, craftsmen and parents to apply approaches to Global Citizenship education in children aged 4-8
The project provides an information campaign and training for the pedagogical specialists in pre-school and primary education with the joint participation of representatives of the Business sector and parents. The planned activities are the following :
- Activity 1 “Information campaign” among the population in Silistra municipality to promote the project idea and the the concept of GCE.
- Activity 2 “Conduction of training” Through interactive methods, role plays, case solving, group discussions, group work, the participants we’ll get familiar with the principles, methods and approaches of the GCE idea implementation.
• Activity 3 “Touch the World Happening ” – one-day event with at least 100 participants.
Тhe project main stakeholders are (target group):
- Teachers and directors from preschool and school education 25 people
- Representatives of the local business in Silistra – 10 people
- Parents – 10
- Representatives of NGOs – 5.
- Conducted Information campaign among the population in Silistra municipality to promote the project idea and the the concept of GCE.
- 50 participants (teachers and managers of kindergartens and primary schools institutions, representatives of the business sector, NGOs, parents) trained in the principles of GCE.