Name of the project: “Different Cultures – Common Values”, Project No ALF/CFP/2015/EDU/91
Period of implementation: 01.09.2016 – 31.08.2017
The project partners are 4 Non-governmental organisations: The lead partner is Alliance for Regional and Civil Initiatives (ARCI), Bulgaria. The organization implements the project in partnership with Future Worlds Center (FWC), Cyprus; Tunisian Association for Cultural Action (ATAC), Tunisia; The Economic Research and Social Solidarity Foundation of the Balkan Immigrants (BISAV), Turkey.
- To encourage intercultural awareness and mutual understanding among the young people of the Euro-Med region, so that they have respect to the culture specifics and to exchange common values.
- Specific Objective 1: Improve understanding on intercultural awareness
- Specific Objective 2 Improve perception of “the others”
Тhe project main stakeholders are (target group):
Project final beneficiaries:
- 20 teachers (5 teachers per country)
- 200 children at age between 14-18 years old (10 children per teacher, 50 children per country)
- 40 representatives of minority groups (10 per country)
The project activities:
- Elaboration of a booklet with methodology on conducting lessons on intercultural awareness;
- Training of Coordinators of project partners;
- Focus groups with part of the representatives of the target groups;
- Conducting lessons with children and young people in different themes according to the booklet, incl. discussion with the children;
- Catalogue for exchange of knowledge in order to increase young people’s skills;
- Closure lessons “Ethno Happening”: Exchange between children in different age groups in order to multiply the project results;
- Prepare and send the final reports to ALF.
- 1 еlaborated booklet with methodology on conducting lessons on intercultural awareness;
- 1 conducted training and 4 trained coordinators of project partners
- 4 conducted focus groups and 20 teachers get acquainted with the importance of intercultural awareness and the methodology on conducting lessons on intercultural awareness.
- 200 children who took part in lessons on cultural awareness and diversification
- 1 Catalogue for exchange of knowledge in order to increase young people’s skills
- 500 children and youth who took partner in the Ethno Happening